Commemorate end of WWII!
To commemorate the end of World War II in Europe we invite to the webinar on the 8th of May 2021 at 10:00 am CEST with the title:
Never again! We need a new detente!
We all know that World War II brought about one of the biggest disasters of human mankind to the world. The present escalation of military activities around Russia and the information war between West and East reminds us of the “Cold War” with its threat against humanity.
Faced by climate emergency, species extinction and wiping out all of humanity in a nuclear war we need cooperation across all borders, we need a new detente.
The webinar Never again! We need a new detente! is initiated as a follow up on both peace and ecology spaces at the World Social Forum in January 2021. We hope this will contribute to continues cooperation between peace, environmental, trade unions and other movements to stop war and construct a social and ecological just transition.
Furthermore, in the middle of the huge pandemic we are living in the present militarization in the West and East is worrisome. Repression is growing on both sides of the divide when political opposition is seen as serving foreign interest.
The question is:
- how can we organize a movement built on participatory democracy towards in order to counteract the ongoing information war.
- Is there a possibility to create a new detente so mankind can jointly address the great social and ecological crisis we face?
We hope this webinar can contribute a small step in that direction.
- Oksana Chelysheva, ex-board member of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum now living in Helsinki and working with the Finnish Peace Committee
- Kristine Karch, Coordinator of the No to NATO network, Germany.
- Tamás Krausz, Hungarian historian, Professor of ELTE – Institute of Russian studies
- Rafal Pankowski, Professor at the Institute of Sociology of Collegium Civitas in Warsaw. (to be confirmed)
- Peter Wahl, Attac Germany
The language will be English, Tamas Krausz will be translated from Hungarian to English. There will be time for discussion.
To participate, use the Zoom link below
Initiator: Prague Spring 2 Network against right wing extremism and populism
one of among the facilitators of the World Social Forum peace and ecology spaces in 2021.
Mirek Prokeš is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Never Again War! We Need a New Détente Now
Time: May 8, 2021 09:45 CEST (Budapest/Brussels)
Meeting ID: 846 0812 3646