January 24th, 2021, at 17:00 – 19:00 CET (UTC+1)
Organized by Global Campaign on Military Spending (GCOMS) and IPB
join: Self-Organized: Links Coming Soon!
- Colin Archer (UK), former IPB Secretary‐General and Sean MacBride Peace Prize Winner
- Chloé Meulewaeter (Belgium), GCOMS Officer and Centre Delàs
- Francesco Vignarca (Italy), Italian Disarmament and Peace Network
- Tori Bateman (USA), American Friends Service Committee
- Quique Sánchez (Spain), Centre Delàs and GCOMS Officer
Moderator: Jordi Calvo (Spain), IPB Vice-President and Centre Delàs
In this session experts and activists of IPB’s Global Campaign On Military Spending will discuss current levels of military spending globally from a critical perspective, arguing that ever-growing military power perpetuates and exacerbates conflicts and instability, does not provide security to people and prevents us from adequately dealing with the global challenges we’re facing, as though climate change, pandemics or increasing inequality and migration.