Online zoom registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87923672237?pwd=YmdjbjBFTHJwdWNWNlgrcytsRmZ4Zz09
5th International Congress
„No to Military Bases and War – Everywhere – International Commitment to Peace & Disarmament”
In a time of growing confrontation and threat of war, centrally triggered by NATO’s policy against Russia and China, military bases are becoming increasingly important for operational planning, execution and the preparation of military actions.
The number of military bases – even smaller ones – in the world is increasing, new states are planning bases, and drone warfare is progressively being organized through them. Asia and Africa are playing an increasingly important role in global strategy. Military bases are also expensive, contributing to global military spending, which exceeds the 2 trillion dollars.
We want peace, disarmament and civilian solutions to conflicts. That is why we say no to military bases and any war policy.
We want to focus at this 5th International No Military Bases Congress especially on bases in Africa and Asia. We want to develop as well as discuss alternatives to the war policy and develop an international network furthering actions against military bases and war.
Thursday 8th of July 19 – 21 h CEST
* Zoom & in person event with simultaneous translation (English-German)
Military Bases in Asia and Africa – A Threat to World Peace
- Video about the campaign „Stopp Air Base Ramstein”
- Welcome Speech:
Connie Burkert-Schmitz (Germany), Pfälzer Initiative Entrüstet Euch, Campaign Stopp Air Base Ramstein (StoppRamstein)
Heinz Bierbaum (Germany) European Left
- Pacific and Southeast Asia
Ann Wright (Hawaii/USA), Veterans for Peace and CODEPINK
- Korean Peninsula and China
A-Young Moon (South Korea), IPB Council Member and PEACEMOMO
Innocent Musore (Rwanda), Global Initiative for Environment and Reconciliation (GER)
- Pacific and Southeast Asia
- Moderation: Kristine Karch (Germany), No to war – no to NATO network, StoppRamstein
Friday 9th of July from 10.00-17.00 CEST
* Zoom & in person event only in English
10.00 – 11.00 Military Bases Worldwide
Introduction & Moderation: Karl-Heinz Peil (Germany), Frieden- und Zukunftswerkstatt, StoppRamstein
US Military Bases Abroad: Backbone of Endless War
A conversation with David Vine (USA), Professor at American University in Washington, DC
11.00-13.00 Presentations & Discussion on Regional Dynamics of Military Bases:
Recent Developments & Highlights
- Ramstein – Video about the campaign „Stopp Air Base Ramstein”
- Okinawa – Ikuko Ueno (Japan), all Okinawa anti-bases coalition
- Philippines and the Pacific – Corazon Valdez Fabros (Philippines), Asia Europe People’s Forum Peace & Security Working Group, IPB
- Guantanamo – Edgar Göll (Germany) Netzwerk Cuba e.V.
- Latin America – Julieta Daza (Columbia/Venezuela), Juventud Rebelde, StoppRamstein
- Sicilia – Vincenzo Santiglia (Italy) NO MOUS
- Ireland – John Lannon (Ireland), Shannon watch and PANA
- Africa – Innocent Musore (Rwanda), Global Initiative for Environment and Reconciliation (GER)
- French Bases in Africa – Alain Rouy (France), Movement de la Paix
- UK Bases in Asia & Africa – Dave Webb (UK), Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)
Moderation: Reiner Braun (Germany), IPB, StoppRamstein and Kristine Karch
13.00-14.00 Lunch Break
14.00-15.30 Working Groups
Regional Focus: Africa
with Dave Webb + Innocente Musore
Moderation: Stephanie Verlaan (Australia), IPB
Regional Focus: Asia
with A-Young Moon + Ann Wright
Moderation: Corazon Valdez Fabros
How to Organize Protests and Opposition Movements against Military Bases
with John Lannon + Julieta Daza + Vincenzo Santiglia + Pablo Ruiz (Chile), SOA Watch
Moderation: Kristine Karch
NATO Strategy and Military Bases
with Claudia Haydt (Germany), Informationsstelle Militarisierung + Joachim Guillard (Germany), Friedensaktivist, Publizist
Moderation: Tim Ströger (Germany), StoppRamstein
15.30-17.00 Resistance to Military Bases and War – Abolish NATO
Panel Discussion: A-Young Moon | Reiner Braun | Claudia Haydt | Ann Wright | Julieta Daza.
Moderation: Dave Webb
When Thursday 8th of July 19 – 21 h CEST (UTC+2)
Friday 9th of July from 10.00-17.00 CEST (UTC+2)
Where Apostelkirche, Pariser Straße 22, Kaiserslautern, Germany
zoom meeting (link after registration) and live stream on facebook https://www.facebook.com/NotoWAR.NotoNATO
Program as of 8th July 2021, changes are possible.
Registration: Please register at with the key word offline or online. Registration for the offline event is needed because of health security orders by the authorities, for the online event we need the registration for selecting a room fitting to the registered people.
Online zoom registration also possible via https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87923672237?pwd=YmdjbjBFTHJwdWNWNlgrcytsRmZ4Zz09
Follow us on Social Media
Bitte spendet auf folgendes Konto:
Aktiv für den Frieden – Stopp Ramstein e.V.
IBAN: DE38 1005 0000 0190 6460 80
Stichwort: Spende Stopp Ramstein
Fördermitglied werden bei Aktiv für den Frieden – Stopp Ramstein e.V.
Download the program: 2021-No-Bases-Ramstein-program-en.pdf