Berlin Germany and zoom conference
11:00 am — 5:30 pm Berlin / Paris CEST (UTC +2)
6:00 pm — 0:30am +1 Japan (UTC +9)
10:00 am — 4:30 pm London (UTC +1)
9:00 am — 3:30 pm (UTC)
5:00 am — 11:30 am New York (UTC -4)
11:00 -1pm — 5:30 am Hawai (UTC -10)
- online to receive the zoom-link and for
- offline due to Corona restrictions.
4th International Congress against Military Bases and Wars
The Campaign „Stopp Air Base Ramstein “(www.ramstein-kampagne.eu) invites you to the 4th international congress against military bases and wars.
We will discuss about the international political situation and how to enlarge our struggle against war machinery and warfare. A focus should be the discussion about the protection of the environment and how military bases, war machinery and wars are destroying the environment and the climate.
Key points of the international conference will be:
- the actual political situation and relevance of military bases and presence of war machinery in conflict regions worldwide
- what to do to come back to an international policy of cooperation
- exchange of information about the actions against military bases in different countries in the world
- analysis of social movements worldwide for cooperation in our struggle for disarmament
- coordination for future common actions, specially how to strengthen the international Anti Bases network
Corona changes many things including the structure and the arrangement of our congress. It will be a hybrid meeting with physical presence and video participation (details see last page).
We hope you can attend the conference personally in Berlin. All security needs demanded from the authorities will be handled by us.
Program – all times are CEST Paris / Berlin
11:00 Opening plenary
Welcome Kristine Karch, No to war – no to NATO, campaign Stopp Air Base Ramstein, Heinz Bierbaum, President of the European Left
11.10 to 11.25 Opening Lecture
Ludo De Brabander, vrede vzw, Belgium
11.45 till 12.30 Talk (5:45- 6:30 am EDT )
Environmental destruction and climate pollution by military bases
with Pat Elder, World Beyond War, USA (zoom) and Karl-Heinz Peil, campaign Stopp Air Base Ramstein
Moderation: Kristine Karch
12.30 till 1.30 pm Case studies
Four military bases – our fights – one world
(7:30 – 8:30pm Japan)
- Suzuyo Takazato, All Okinawa Peace Network,
- A-Young Moon, Peacemomo, South Korea (zoom)
- Vincenzo Santiglia NO MOUS, Sicilia
- Conny Burkard-Schmitz, local initiative against the Air Base Ramstein, campaign Stopp Air Base
Moderation: Alain Rouy, Mouvement de la Paix, France
2.15 till 3.45 pm Further information
about fights against military bases and manouver (DEFENDER …)
(8:15 – 9:45am New York / Venezuela | 4:15 – 5:45am Hawai)
- Julietta Daza, activist, Venezuela (zoom)
- Ann Wright, Code Pink, veterans for Peace,
- Angelika Becker, Netzwerk Cuba – informationsbüro – e.V.
- John Lannon, Shannonwatch and PANA, Ireland
- Dave Webb, CND, UK
4.00 till 5.30pm Visions for a world
without military bases, nuclear weapons, and wars
(10 – 11:30am New York | 4 – 5:30 am Hawai | 11pm – 0:30 +1am )
- Introduction Reiner Braun, IPB, campaign Stopp Air Base Ramstein
- Alexander Neu, Member of the German Bundestag
The meeting place is meeting room in Marienstraße 19/20. Detailed signs will be at the entrance door. Marienstraße is in the middle of the city of Berlin next to Friedrichstraße (S/U)
Participation by zoom
Meeting-ID: 905 850 386
Participation by You Tube
You Tube link via facebook.com/stoppramstein
Please register with the key word offline or online at Registration for the offline event is needed because of health security orders by the authorities, for the online event we need the registratioin for selecting a room fitting to the registered people.
Download/read the leaflet 2020-09-25_IntMeeting_MilitaryBases.pdf