Nato 70 years – Protests and events in Denmark
March 30 Copenhagen
Street theatre / action: Skeletons out of the closet
Its 70 years ago Nato was founded. It’s time to retire Nato.
We do a street-theater-action 4 places in Copenhagen saturday march 30. 10am-3pm. We seek cool and nice people that wants to participate. Good voices, aktivists, artists, signkeepers, photographers. www.facebook.com/events/500111493852538/
Nato claims to strive for collective defence and preserving peace and security.
But Nato is the biggest military alliance in the world and has the highest military expenses and biggest stores of nuclear weapons.
Nato is the main power running the new armaments race and the biggest obstacle for a nuclearfree world.
Nato has with new nuclear weapons and missile defense initiated a new cold war with Russia.
Nato is transformed to a global military alliance and threatening Danish security. The Nordic countries incl. Denmark and Greenland is designated as build-up area in a war against Russia.
– Nato is therefore extremely dangerous for Danish security and should be dissolved.
– Denmark must sign the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.
– It’s time that disarmament and peace negotiations again becomes part of our vocabulary.
– Armament, wars and conflicts contributes to the growing global refugee and climate crisis.
– It’s time these enormous resources is used to what we need: A human-friendly and green agenda instead of war industry, military aggression, war and environmental destruction.