No to Nato protests – latest plans – information from
All the leaders of the key Western powers will be in South Wales for the Nato summit and we need the biggest possible protests to force them to break from their aggressive foreign policy.
Large public meetings have been held by local Stop the War groups, more meetings are planned, and coaches from around the UK are being organised to mobilise as many people as possible for the mass demonstration in Newport on the 30 August. A whole week of protest is planned during the week of the summit, details of which you can find below.
Help us build the No to Nato protest
- Share the No New Wars No to Nato Facebook event with your contacts
- Sign and share the petition to stop Nato’s Rapid Trident manoeuvres in July
- Order our No to Nato protest postcards, which contain details of the week of action, to build the event in your area. Call 020 7561 4830
Here is an outline of the protest events called by Stop the War, CND, No to War: No to Nato and No to Nato Newport. Full details will be published on the Stop the War web site as they emerge.
Saturday 30 August
:993/fetch%3EUID%3E.INBOX%3E26767?part=1.3&filename=image-png-attachment" alt="Route of the demonstration" width="400" height="301" align="right" />Mass demonstration through central Newport
Assembles 1pm at the Civic Centre Car Park and marches around the town Centre ending at Westgate Square for a rally.
A list of coaches travelling to Newport from around the UK will be published soon.
Sunday 31 August
Counter Summit in Cardiff
County Hall, CF10 4UW View on map 10am – 5.30pm speakers include Boris Kagarlitsky, Joseph Gerson, Medea Benjamin, Margaretta D’Arcy, Jeremy Corbyn, Lindsey German.
Monday 1st September
Newport Alternative Summit
Pill Mill , 10.00 – 5pm. Subjects include: Drones, Women and War, Iraq, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Non Proliferation Treaty.
Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd September
More details soon.
Thursday 4th September
First day of NATO Summit
Mass action and march on the Celtic Manor. Gather at 12.00, Cenotaph, Clarence Place, Newport NP11 6DG.
Friday 5th September
Final day of Summit
Direct Actions. Street Theatre.
The latest on Nato from the Stop the War web site:
- US calls on Nato members to increase military spending Lindsey German
- The fruit of Nato’s war in Libya are the coups and terror spreading across Africa Seumas Milne
Emergency protest: End Israel’s war against Palestinians
- Join us this Saturday to call for an end to Israeli terror against the Palestinians
- 2pm at the Israeli Embassy, 2 Palace Green, London W8 4QB
- Nearest tube: High Street Kensington
- Share the Facebook event with your contacts
- Volunteer as a steward. We need your help to run the protest tomorrow. Please email " target="_parent"> or telephone 020 7561 4830
Called by Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Stop the War Coalition, Friends of Al-Aqsa, London Palestine Action, British Muslim Initiative, Palestinian Forum in Britain, Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.