Dear participants and registrants,
with this email, we would like to give you a short overview of our German webinar “SIPRI Figures on Military Expenditure – Developments in Germany and Worldwide”, which we held via Zoom on April 28.
This event was one in a series leading up to the Second World Peace Congress in Barcelona being held from October 15-17, 2021, for which we have just published our second programme draft. Find more information about it here: https://www.ipb2021.barcelona/
We would like to thank you all for your interest and contributions in the course of the event.
If you were not able to attend or would like to re-watch the webinar, you can access a full recording of it on our Youtube-channel:
We have also published a short English summary of the event, including key points of our speakers:
Finally, we would like to share a selection of resources shared by our participants:
- Monroy, Matthias (2021): Der Lange Weg zur Drohnenmacht – Unbekannte Systeme bei der Bundeswehr, available at https://www.rosalux.de/publikation/id/43899/der-lange-weg-zur-drohnenmacht?cHash=1a41903535bf7f118fc8583e5abb8c77.
- WILPF (2021): An intersectional-feminist analysis of German (dis-)armament policy (German), available at https://www.wilpf.de/deutsche-ab-ruestungspolitik-eine-intersektional-feministische-analyse-der-wilpf/.
- WILPF (2016): Move the Money from War to Peace (Video), available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tys3snVT9n0
- WILPF: Disarmament – Feminist perspectives on Peace Policy and Security Webinar II – 25. June 2021, 2pm-5pm (CET time)
Organizations and Movements
- Friedenskooperative (Peace Cooperative): https://www.friedenskooperative.de/
- Sicherheit Neu Denken (Rethinking Security): https://www.sicherheitneudenken.de/
- Ziviler Hafen (Popular Initiative for Disarmament in Hamburg): https://ziviler-hafen.de/
For upcoming events and to keep informed about our activities, make sure to check our website and follow our social media channels.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/intpeacebureau/ (intpeacebureau)
We hope to see you in one of our upcoming activities!
The International Peace Bureau