January 24th, 2021 at 15:00 -17:00 CET (UTC+1)
Central Penal Discussion
- Alexander Ač (Slovakia), Institute of Research on Global Change
- Ann Wright (Hawaii, USA), CODE PINK and Veterans for Peace
- Binalakshmi Nepram (India), Manipur Women Gun Survivors and IPB Board
- Jan Kavan (Czech Republic) ex Minister of Foreign Affairs and chairman of the UN-General Assembly 2002/2003
- Malala Yousafzai (Pakistan), Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Owen Tudor (UK), Vice-Secretary General of ITUC
- Piedad Cordoba (Columbia), Human Rights Lawyer and Ex-Senator of Colombia
- Reiner Braun (Germany), International Peace Bureau (IPB)
Moderator: Leo Gabriel (Austria-Mexico), Journalist and Anthropologist, Prague Spring II network, member of the IC of the WSF.
It is impossible to achieve a Social and Ecological Transformation (which is the main goal of this WSF) without peace. This implies first of all a universal disarmament for political, economic, environmental and social reasons. This webinar will explore the strategies of the social and environmental movements for a demilitarisation of the political structures in the aftermath of the pandemic through the discussion of action oriented proposals.