The next NATO summit is scheduled for 11 and 12 July 2018 in Brussels, Belgium.
Main topics will be the evaluation of the 2% rule in the member-countries and the confrontation with Russia, the militarization of the EU and the nuclear weapons modernization.
The international network No to war – no to NATO is working against NATO and NATO summits since 2009 (NATO’s 60 year anniversary summit) and will be active also in 2018.
The ICC (international coordinating committee) of the network No to war – no to NATO invites you to a first
international preparatory meeting in Brussels
January 27th, 2018 from 11:00 to 17:00 h
The address is: 11.11.11 – Vlasfabriekstraat 11 – 1060 Brussels
(near Brussels Midi = Brussels South Station)
Proposal for an agenda:
11h: 15 – 12:45 Plenary with two (short) presentations:
- Where we are: new confrontation and militarization in Europe and the world (including information about the NATO summit)
- What do we want to do (e.g. counter summit, actions of civil disobedience, demonstration, peace camp, actions during the summit, what else?)
13h:00 – 14:00
- Call for actions – draft prepared by the ICC
- set up working groups for the planned actions
14h:00 – 14h:30 Lunch brake
14h:30 – 15:30 h
- working in parallel working groups
(the number and the themes depends on the morning discussions)
15h:30 – 15h:50
- presentation results of the working groups
16h:00 – 17h:00
Please distribute this invitation in your groups and networks, so we will see many of you in Brussels to prepare the actions.
Please register via email to ">.
Ludo de Brabander, ICC No to war – no to NATO, vrede Belgium
kristine karch, Co-Chair No to war – no to NATO, Germany