GDAMS 2020 will mark some extraordinary events and anniversaries, including:
- 10th of April (Friday): the weekend before Tax Day in the US (April 15)
- 24-26th of April: World Conference and mobilization in New York (USA), previous to the NPT Review. Workshop on military spending.
- 29th of April, SIPRI’s release of the new data on military spending (figures for 2019)
GDAMS press conferences, with over 10 being prepared, will be the main highlight of the year.
- 1st May, Labor Day: to confront the common justification of war and military industry based on jobs’ creation.
- 9th May: Europe’s Day of Peace and Unity: to denounce the increasing militarization of the European Union (European Defence Fund, PESCO, Borders…). Also, this is the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
We invite everyone to join GDAMS! Visit our events, make your own action, and tell us how you would reallocate the money for the military.