UNAC Announces a Major Antiwar & Social Justice Conference
Stop the Wars at Home & Abroad:
Building a Movement Against War, Injustice & Repression!
Greater Richmond Convention Center, Richmond, Va., June 16-18, 2017
Trump has proposed adding $54 billion to the already enormous U.S. war budget. He has put more boots on the ground in Iraq, Syria and Yemen. He’s sent a Navy carrier group to threaten North Korea. Russia and China are being militarily surrounded by U.S. and allied forces. The danger of new and even more horrendous wars is growing daily as the Democrats find an issue on which they can support Trump: Attacking Syria.
At the same time, the Trump administration proposes to pay for these wars by drastically slashing domestic programs, from education to water, soil and air safety to addressing climate change. Trump’s Justice Department is telling his attorneys to focus on immigrant deportations, not police abuse. His Secretary of Labor is against any minimum wage, let alone raising it to $15. Across the country violent attacks against Muslims and Jews are on the increase. Newly won transgender rights are again under attack.
The attacks are coming fast and furious, too many for any one organization to effectively oppose. It is critical that activists from all communities working on all these issues come together to build a movement that can “STOP THE WARS AT HOME & ABROAD!
- Bahman Azad – U.S. Peace Council
- Ajamu Baraka, National Spokesperson and Founder of Black Alliance for Peace and V.P. Candidate for Green Party in 2016
- Medea Benjamin – CODEPINK
- Pat Elder – National Coalition to Protect Student Privacy
- Ana Edwards – Sacred Ground Historical Reclamation Project
- Bernadette Ellorin – BAYAN-USA
- Sara Flounders – International Action Center
- Bruce Gagnon – Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
- Tamara Hansen – Mobilization Against War & Occupation (MAWO)
- Jaribu Hill – Mississippi Workers Center for Human Rights
- Jonathan W. Hutto, Sr. – Co-Founder, Appeal For Redress from the Iraq & Afghanistan Occupations (2007-2009); author, “Anti-War Soldier”
- Margaret Kimberley – Black Agenda Report
- Cassia Laham – People’s Opposition to War, Imperialism, and Racism (POWIR)
- Joe Lombardo – UNAC co-coordinator
- Jeff Mackler- Socialist Action
- Charo Mina-Rojas, Proceso de Comunidades Negras en Colombia (PCN) and Colombian Ethnic Commission for Peace
- David Swanson – World Beyond War
- Ann Wright – Retired U.S. Army Colonel & former diplomat.
- Kevin Zeese – Popular Resistance
- Representative – Raise Up / Fight for $15
& More along with antiwar and social justice groups from all across the country
No Wall! No Ban! No Deportations! No Islamophobia! No More Police Murders! No Attacks on Reproductive Freedom! No Dakota Pipeline! No Oppression of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexual and Trans people! NO WARS! [read more]
View the conference web site: http://www.unacconference2017.org
Join the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1208020632638814/
Register for the conference now: http://www.unacconference2017.org/p/registration-form.html
For Conference poster in English: http://nepajac.org/confEnglish.pdf
For Spanish poster: http://nepajac.org/confspanis.pdf
View a report of UNAC’s last conference: http://nepajac.org/UNAC_052015.html
For more information, contact or